Pretty much a pointless game tonight as the Mets got lit up like Tom at dollar beer night. Fortunately, we have avoided this type of loss for the most part this season.
Here’s a run down of what I took from this game. I’ve got to warn you, it isn’t pretty:
- This might have been Manny Acosta’s last appearance in a while. If the Mets stay true to form, I could easily see him being designated for assignment. I can’t say I’d be too heart broken if this were to happen. He isn’t a viable option in the bullpen anymore.
- The Rangers reminded me of what power in a lineup can do to an opponent. Three bombs with runners on sealed any hope of the Mets clawing back in this one.
- It seemed as if the Mets started this contest down six runs. They just never appeared to be remotely close in this game.
- Mike Pelfrey was disappointing tonight. His up and down 2011 continues. Wave bye bye to his quality start streak which ended at three.
- On a positive note, Jason Bay went 3 for 4 (all singles). Maybe he is slowly inching closer to the day when he will produce a few extra base hits.
Well, at least this means the Mets have only two more games remaining against the defending AL Champs. I am still holding on to some hope that the Mets can steal one in Arlington tomorrow or Sunday.
Tags: Bye Manny?