A few quick thoughts before I call it a night:
- R.A. Dickey is pitching through what I assume is a hell of a lot of pain. Despite that, he’s going out there and putting in solid outing after solid outing. It is nearly impossible for me to criticize him.
- Brian Wilson looked ticked after he left the game. I wonder whether that has to do with his poor execution or the fact that Bruce Bochy has pitched him a few nights in a row. I doubt we’ll see him again tomorrow.
- Either way, what a big hit by Scott Hairston. Maybe the biggest of the year to date.
- The Mets, as mentioned in the title, clinched an above .500 record at the All-Star Break. Considering the 5-13 start and the laundry list of injuries, it’s pretty remarkable.
- The Mets move to within 6.5 games in the Wild Card Race, pictured below.
Tags: Above .500 At The Break