“We just need to beat them..”-Terry Collins on playing the Phillies and Braves
I’m with you Terry. Pull no punches, no sugar-coating, no excuses. I am raising the ante and expect the Mets to take two of three this weekend.
- To put it in the most simplest terms….because they have to. .500 ball is no longer good enough to compete in 2011.
- The Mets will miss Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee this weekend. Normally, I breathe a sigh of relief when they miss one of these annoying buggers. Missing both is like leaving your wallet in a bar and finding all of your credit cards and cash inside when you retrieve it the next day.
- Dickey, Niese, and Pelfrey (at home mind you) will need to pitch gems. They have the potential to do so with the much-needed rest and home field advantage.
- The Phillies are hurting too. Shane Victorino and Placido Polanco will not be available this weekend.
Brace yourself, completely unfactual wild prognostication coming……
- Justin Turner will go yard four times in this series. His bum thumb was the only thing holding him back. You heard it here first.
- The series is at home. For some unknown reason this has been a problem for the New York Mets this season.
- The Mets are 3-6 versus the Phillies this season. Boring.
- Still no Jose, Wright, or Ike. Not sure they can get by without those bats against the potent Phillies.