You have dealt with injuries to all of your star players and a number of supporting cast members. You survive the endless talk about losing the most exciting player in the game. You have been inundated with question after question about where one of your best players is going to be traded since the All-Star Break. Said player is finally traded.
What do you do?
Sweep a team that was in the playoffs last year and is in contention again this year in their home ball park in a four game series. Why the hell not.
Four days ago I had accepted that this team was officially in rebuilding mode for 2012. Now I find myself fascinated by the following questions:
- Can this team really shock the baseball world and make a run at the post season?
- Is Lucas Duda for real?
- How long was Wright’s back hurting him and can we expect this type of production now that he is healthy?
- Is Bobby Parnell coming of age?
- Can Jason Isringhausen hold up as the team’s closer for the rest of the season?
- How can this team win when Jose Reyes has one of his worst offensive series of the season (3 for 19)?
- Why is it that we still have not learned the reason for Mike Pelfrey’s excessive finger/palm licking?
- Why do managers, coaches, and training staff still have to wear uniform pants?
- Is Ike Davis still alive?
- Why is midwestropolitan.com this awesome?
- When will Major League Baseball change its archaic blackout restrictions for television coverage?
- Did the Wilpons finally learn to keep their traps shut after the Fred Fiasco at the beginning of the year?
- Is today’s game the mark of Jason Bay finally breaking out of his bay? (This question was more for you, because I have already trained myself not to think about it any longer this season).
Regardless of how many of these questions we get answered, I am happy to say I am anticipating an entertaining remainder of the 2011 season. I still doubt it will end with a post season appearance, but at least it will keep me from re-organizing my sock drawer or alphabetizing my spice rack.
Tags: Very interesting.......