I’m not going to lie. I was dangerously close to turning tonight’s game off before the biggest comeback of the season took place. It seemed as if the Mets offense was going to have one of those games in which they turn a decent pitcher into Cy Young.
Instead of turning the game off I got to see some things that many would not believe could happen all season, let alone in one game.
- Jason Bay hit a home run. It was an absolute moon shot too.
- Fernando Martinez added a two run pinch hit home run.
- David Wright came through in the eighth inning with a two run blast that drove in the tying and go ahead runs.
- The Mets added an insurance run in the ninth inning in the form of an RBI double by Jason Pridie.
- Francisco Rodriguez sealed the victory with his eleventh straight save.
Absolutely unbelievable that these five things could happen in one game.
I’m sure plenty of others are going to use the Friday the 13th angle. Not me. I think the notion of Friday the 13th is a bunch of shit quite frankly.
Wow. I feel good now that I got that off my chest.
Combining tonight’s come from behind surprise with Carlos Beltran’s three home run game last night leads me to ask a simple question:
Could it be the Mets first no-hitter in franchise history tomorrow?