I’m tired so here’s some quick hits…
- Dillon Gee’s performance tonight snapped a streak of 36 games in which Mets’ starter’s gave up two or more runs. Out of all of the stats I’ve seen recently, this one illustrates the point I have been making about how average the rotation is collectively this year.
- Ron Darling’s annoyance at how much the Padres’ bullpen slowed the game down was amusing.
“These relief pitcher’s have put a parachute on this game. Thatcher has faked to second four times this inning…”-Ron Darling
- Even though he had only one hit, David Wright had a huge impact on this game. His three run blast is obvious, but I really enjoyed his fake throw to first to fool Maybin for an out in the bottom of the frame. Don’t forget, this happened after his diving stop prevented Maybin from scoring in the first place.
- Chalk up two more runs allowed by Igarashi. Seems like a nice dude, but I can’t say I’ll be too upset the day we see him leave the franchise permanently. He is a run allowing machine.
- Jason Bay is Baying again (0 for his last 20)…
- No matter what the situation, a road series win is always a good thing. Particularly at a park that the Mets have struggled in historically.