March 26, 2012. A historic date. Tim Byrdak has landed the first ever cover of the Midwestropolitan.com Facebook page.
Hailing from the village of Oak Lawn, Illinois, Byrdak was awarded the cover for the following reasons:
- He is a Midwestropolitan
- He does funny things with his facial hair
- He is chubby, but not with child
- Has a cool Twitter handle (@Givemethelefty)
- He had the balls to go full out Hulk Hogan at Spring Training
- He seems like a funny dude
- He will probably start this season on the DL which is pretty damn appropriate for the Mets
I’ve been somewhat absent from the bitchin’ internet lately so I figured I would do this right by conducting a little research about #40. Of course, our staff’s research methodology consists of finding one video on Youtube.
For those of you too lazy to watch the video and learn. Here’s the Cliff’s Notes version:
- Timmy played for a special 1992 South Suburban College Bulldog Team (proud to be #3 in the nation in NJCAA basketball!).
- He was either their ace or number two according to Coach Ruzich
- He holds “numerous records”, also according to Coach R.
- He worked at Target. Overnight.
- Something I didn’t know and am honestly impressed with is that he was away for the game for five years prior to coming back.
Congrats Timmy! We’re proud to honor you with the Midwestropolitan.com Cover.